This event celebrates the release of MCC Professor Lily Chumley’s Creativity Class (Princeton 2016). The last three decades have seen a massive expansion of China’s visual culture industries, from architecture and graphic design to fine art and fashion. Creativity Class shows the connections between this creative explosion and the Chinese government’s explicit goal of cultivating creative human capital in a new “market socialist” economy.
- Lily Chumley, New York University
- Zhijian Qian, City University of New York
- Michele Matteini, New York University
- Christina H. Moon, Parsons the New School for Design
- Xudong Zhang, New York University
Co-hosted by the Princeton University Press, the NYU Institute for Public Knowledge, and the NYU Department of Media, Culture, and Communication.